Omega Wrestling Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to OWA! click here to read our rules!

HomeHome  WikiWiki  Latest imagesLatest images  OWA NetworkOWA Network  ScheduleSchedule  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
OWA Game Over: Choose Your Fighter is almost upon us! To view this and other recent shows, head to sites.google.com/view/owa-network!
Latest Major Event
Latest topics
» OWA Promos
Gladiator FC info thread. I_icon_minitimeby Diantha Rosso May 9th 2024, 11:59 pm

» "Discus" Devi Krysis
Gladiator FC info thread. I_icon_minitimeby Krysis April 30th 2024, 2:23 pm

» OWA Social Feed
Gladiator FC info thread. I_icon_minitimeby Mark Michaels April 21st 2024, 3:47 am

» Felix Hartley Appreciation Thread!
Gladiator FC info thread. I_icon_minitimeby Chad Ecclestone April 9th 2024, 12:24 pm

» Allesandro Devastation Appreciation Thread
Gladiator FC info thread. I_icon_minitimeby VaeVictisBD April 8th 2024, 3:11 am

» KILLER BEE APPRECIATION THREAD!!!
Gladiator FC info thread. I_icon_minitimeby KEKOA April 6th 2024, 9:23 pm

» COLTON SAINT APPRECIATION STATION!
Gladiator FC info thread. I_icon_minitimeby KEKOA April 6th 2024, 9:07 pm

» Noah Kreiger Appreciation Thread
Gladiator FC info thread. I_icon_minitimeby Christopher Sabertooth April 6th 2024, 4:55 pm

» Chad Ecclestone Appreciation Thread
Gladiator FC info thread. I_icon_minitimeby Christopher Sabertooth April 6th 2024, 4:54 pm

» Rin Asakura Appreciation Thread
Gladiator FC info thread. I_icon_minitimeby Chad Ecclestone April 6th 2024, 11:31 am

» No Business Like Hoe Business
Gladiator FC info thread. I_icon_minitimeby Mami's Favorite Chew Toy April 5th 2024, 2:58 pm

» OWA Dreamworld Card Information + Predictions
Gladiator FC info thread. I_icon_minitimeby Colton Saint March 31st 2024, 10:29 pm

» Bobby Wheeler
Gladiator FC info thread. I_icon_minitimeby VaeVictisBD March 31st 2024, 12:40 pm

» THE KING HAS RETURNED ( 2023 update)
Gladiator FC info thread. I_icon_minitimeby Mark Michaels March 24th 2024, 2:52 am

Hall of Champions
Click tiles for championship history!
Partners

PRESTIGE CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
JET/LAW
SOUTHWEST WRESTLING SYNDICATE
Twitter

Gladiator FC info thread.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aria Jaxon
OWA Hall of Fame
OWA Hall of Fame
Aria Jaxon

Gladiator FC info thread. Empty
PostSubject: Gladiator FC info thread.   Gladiator FC info thread. I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2019, 11:29 pm

Promotional History: Gladiator FC is an American mixed martial arts promotion founded in 1998 and headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada. At the time, its shadowy and underground nature very much reflected how MMA itself was perceived. For the relatively few people who actually followed along, it was gritty, no-holds-barred entertainment. For the people who kinda sorta knew what was going on, it was bordering on pointless violence. Early iterations of the company’s pay-per-views featured fights that would pit fighters of various sizes and disciplines against each other, with no regard for weight classes and even less regard for potential rules and safety regulations. Though the company maintained a fanatical hardcore fanbase from its early days, the company’s reputation preceded it. State senators across the United States began vying for the passage of laws to prevent Gladiator FC from running events in their home states.

In 2001, current president Ethan Brennan took over, and under his leadership, Gladiator FC has not only been catapulted into the mainstream as a billion-dollar sports juggernaut, but it has helped to popularize and legitimize the sport of MMA across the world. The company has enacted strict rules for its fighters in relation to everything from making weight for fights to how they conduct themselves in the cage (i.e., no eye-gouging, no biting, no 12-6 elbows, no grabbing the fence, etc.).

For any mixed martial artist looking to make it, Gladiator FC is the tip-top of the mountain. They’re the biggest game in town, and if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere. It certainly isn’t for everybody, but if you’ve got it in you to punch your way to glory -- then you just may have what it takes to call yourself a Gladiator.

Overview: Gladiator FC is completely angled. Results for all fights will be summarized with any essential details needed to better help you guys visualize what’s going on. Depending on how big the fight is, events such as press conferences and confrontations between fighters may also be written out.

Programming: Similar to UFC, Gladiator FC has marquee pay-per-view events once a month (with prelims usually available on free television) and more lowkey televised events sprinkled in between.

--Gladiator *insert number here* (i.e., the numbered UFC pay-per-views) are the biggest, most hyped events and are broadcast both on PPV and through the Combat Sports Network streaming service.

--Gladiator Fight Night are the televised cards aired on ESPN to tide the fans over between the bigger PPV cards. They are usually subtitled with the last names of whoever is main eventing (Gladiator Fight Night: O’Connor vs. Mulligan, for instance). If you’re booked here, it’s still not to be taken lightly. Every big-ticket fighter has to start somewhere, and racking up a victory or two here could go a long way to landing a big PPV fight slot or even a coveted title fight.

--The Gladiator (coming...eventually) is a competition show where aspiring mixed martial artists live and train together on opposing teams led by Gladiator fighters. The ultimate goal, of course, is to win a Gladiator FC contract.

Championships and Weight Classes: Fighters are divided by gender, and within that, by weight class. There are eight weight classes for the men and four weight classes for the women.
Gladiator FC info thread. Gladia10
--Gladiator FC Heavyweight Championship
--Gladiator FC Light Heavyweight Championship
--Gladiator FC Middleweight Championship
--Gladiator FC Welterweight Championship
--Gladiator FC Lightweight Championship
--Gladiator FC Men’s Featherweight Championship
--Gladiator FC Women’s Featherweight Championship
--Gladiator FC Men’s Bantamweight Championship
--Gladiator FC Women’s Bantamweight Championship
--Gladiator FC Men’s Flyweight Championship
--Gladiator FC Women’s Flyweight Championship
--Gladiator FC Women’s Strawweight Championship

*I already have champions in mind for some of these; others will be filled out as the roster fills out. I’ll be working out who has the belts as I go along.

Personnel and Staff:

--Gladiator FC President: Ethan Brennan (Dana White)
--PPV Commentator: Todd Streeter (Joe Rogan)
--PPV Commentator: Zachary Lovell (Max Kellerman)
--Televised Events/Prelims Commentator: Carmen Rossi (Charly Caruso)
--Televised Events/Prelims Commentator: Henry Levine (Jon Anik)
--Referee: Paul Farraday (John McCarthy)
--Referee: Terrence Baxter (Herb Dean)
--Referee: Genie Peters (Kim Winslow)
--PPV Ring Announcer: Beau Lincoln (Bruce Buffer)
--Televised Events/Prelims Ring Announcer: Felix Victoriano (Joe A. Martinez)
--Octagon Girl: Paulina de la Souza (Arianny Celeste)
--Octagon Girl: Stacy Daley (Dove Cameron)
--Octagon Girl: Toya Stephens (Danielle Herrington)
--Octagon Girl: Natalia Stanislaw (Barbara Palvin)

Training Facilities and Fight Teams: The official Gladiator FC corporate training facility is located in Henderson, Nevada, a suburb of Las Vegas. Fighters contracted to the company have unlimited access to the facilities, and the site also hosts things like fan events and open workouts.  

Gladiator FC runs the Gladiator Gym chain, which operates similar to the real-life UFC Gyms. Regular people can pay for an overpriced membership to take fitness classes in various MMA disciplines and also operate on the assumption that their favorite fighters may drop by from time to time. There are gyms in twenty-one US states, five Canadian provinces, and several countries around the globe.

Any reputable fighter is likely to come from a legitimate fight team. As of now, there is only one in canon (United States Top Team based out of Big Bear City, California). You can say your fighter is from whatever team and fights out of whatever city floats your boat. Get creative with those backstories!

I think that covers just about everything I can think of for now. Any other little tidbits or details that pop into my head will be added as they come to me. If y’all have any questions at all, you know you’re free to ask.

xoxo,
Queen Aria.
Back to top Go down
El Ironico

Gladiator FC info thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gladiator FC info thread.   Gladiator FC info thread. I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2019, 11:14 am

I have low IQ, where do I sign up as the secret lovechild of Rickson Gracie and Babita Kumari Singh?
Back to top Go down

Gladiator FC info thread.
Page 1 of 1